Durning one day of the ASE XXIX Planetary Congress astronauts, cosmonauts and taikonauts will visit all federal region of Austria to inspire the next generation of explorers in STEM subjects as well as the broad public. This day is called Community Day and has a strong tradition within the Association of Space Explorers. During the Community Day itself, the astronauts will split into small groups and visit various locations across Austria, visiting schools and universities, encouraging representatives of the industry to consider space activities, meet and greet regional and local decision makers and opinion leaders whilst enjoying Austrian hospitality and visiting key locations.
- 16:00-18:00: Open Lecture – astronaut lecture at the FH St. Pölten/Lower Austria incl. supporting program by “Anatares” the Lower Austria amateur astronomers with lectures and astronomy exhibition and display of space models.
- 12:00–16:30 Uhr: Spacelab in Linz / Upper Austria. Design-Thinking Workshop with astronauts
- 09:00 – 18:00: Space Day Graz/Styria. A full day of space exhibitions & hands-on activities including “Talk in Space” with astronauts
- 12:00 bis 13:00: Seegrube Open Lecture with astronauts on 1.905 m see level. Probably the most breathtaking location for meeting astronauts. Innsbruck/Tirol
- a roadmap to heaven – technology and future science October 8, 2016
- #ASE29 goes West, South, East and North October 6, 2016
- “6 years of training for 6 hours in space” October 4, 2016
- “Austria is a small country, but big in space” October 3, 2016
- Born to Explore Contest – a short summary of the winning entries September 27, 2016